~ Thrifty Mermaid ~ Inspirations and Creative Endeavors of one Mermaid by the Sea...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Adventures of a Newbie

Today has been a learning experience for me! Besides some random blogging on myspace, this is a whole new wonderful world to me! I've had a great time today reading blogs of other thrifters and crafters. I have had such a great time, my eyes are bleary!

I've decided to share the projects I've recently finished for swap-bot.com swaps. Seeing someone's crafts lets you get to know them a bit, so I figure this is a good way to introduce myself to people who might browse on by...

This is a necklace and earring set I made for a swap partner who loves skeleton keys. I really loved the way it came out, it was originally a Valentines Key chain ($1.00 at the Christmas Tree Shop), I altered easily into a pendant by removing the key ring and adding a split ring in its place. I ended up buying a couple more after Valentines Day for only .25 cents a piece to make further projects!

This is a matchbox I made, it has decorative paper, bead and fiber embellishments. The second pic also shows some of the fun stuff I filled it with, including a pair of glass heart earrings I made. Please forgive the photography here--I need to invest in a new digital camera (blush), too bad they don't show up often on my thrifting routes!


I am excited to go off thrift shopping tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to share some great finds tomorrow night!










1 comment:

  1. A wonderful Start! You put me to shame! I will have to refine my blog! its old and full of nonsense! But but but but but! I really enjoy your style, you have a keen sense for modern wearable art with in a modern functional aesthetic decorative nature~ did that work? It works for me. Always a great wholesome-personal feel to what you produce. Its very human. I've always liked your productions, never stop.

    Much love~

    C.

    ReplyDelete